The Church of England parish church of St Nicolas was a-12th century Norman building, but the font and some masonry of the nave are now almost the only original features that survive. In the 13th century the chancel and chancel arch were rebuilt and the bell-cot and three-bay north aisle was added. The Decorated Gothic south chapel was added early in the 14th century.
The communion table was made in the 17th century. In the 18th century the aisle was rebuilt in brick and a porch was added over a 12th-century doorway. In 1858 St. Nicolas’ was drastically restored, with the aisle and west front being rebuilt and the nave re-roofed. The rebuilding of the west front removed a 12th-century west doorway and a 15th-century west window above it. In 1884 the west tower was added at the west end of the aisle. The oak rood screen was added in 1905.